Matrix 4 director Lana Wachowski has added yet another one of her cast members from the Netflix series Sense8 to the sequel.
Deadline reports that actor Brian J. Smith (Treadstone) has joined the fourth installment of the Matrix franchise as filming began earlier in the month.
He’ll be joining new cast members Jessica Henwick, Ibarra, Priyanka Chopra, Erendira Ibarra, Neil Patrick Harris, Toby Onwumere, Andrew Caldwell and Yahya Abdul-Mateen II.
Here’s what we know so far about Matrix 4.
- Lana Wachowski co-wrote the script with Aleksandar Hemon and David Mitchell.
- Neo and Trinity will be returning with Keanu Reeves and Carrie Ann-Moss reprising their roles.
- Jada Pinkett-Smith is back as Niobe.
- Jessica Henwick is reportedly playing a new “Neo-like” character.
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II might be playing a young Morpheus.
- French actor Lambert Wilson says he’ll return as the villainous program The Merovingian.
- Hugo Weaving almost returned the role of Agent Smith but had to decline.
- Filming had been taking place in San Francisco but will be moving to Studio Babelsberg which is located outside of Berlin, Germany in Potsdam.
- The release date is set for March 21st, 2021 which is also the release date of John Wick: Chapter 4.