Yesterday, Netflix officially announced the full voice cast for their upcoming animated series Masters of The Universe: Revelation, which will have Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats) as showrunner and the animation handled by Powerhouse Animation (Castlevania).
The primary voice cast includes Mark Hamill as Skeletor, Lena Headey as Evil-Lyn, Chris Wood as Prince Adam/He-Man, Sarah Michelle Gellar as Teela, and Liam Cunningham as Man-At-Arms.
The new animated series will pick-up where the original left off.
Masters of the Universe: Revelation will focus on the unresolved storylines of the iconic characters, picking up where they left off decades ago.
Here is the official press release from Netflix.
Netflix and Mattel Television today announced the all-star cast of the upcoming Netflix anime series, Masters of the Universe: Revelation, a series based on He-Man, Skeletor, Teela and the other classic characters of the Masters of the Universe franchise.
The series is being produced by Mattel Television with Adam Bonnett (Descendants), Christopher Keenan (Justice League, Batman Beyond) and Rob David (He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) as executive producers.
Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy) will serve as showrunner and executive producer. In addition, Susan Corbin (Voltron) will produce.
The cast includes:
- Mark Hamill (Star Wars, Batman: The Animated Series) as Skeletor
- Lena Headey (Game of Thrones, 300) as Evil-Lyn
- Chris Wood (Supergirl, The Vampire Diaries) as Prince Adam / He-Man
- Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cruel Intentions) as Teela
- Liam Cunningham (Game of Thrones, Clash of the Titans) as Man-At-Arms
- Stephen Root (Office Space, Barry) as Cringer
- Diedrich Bader (Office Space, Napoleon Dynamite) as King Randor / Trap Jaw
- Griffin Newman (The Tick, Vinyl) as Orko
- Tiffany Smith (Behind Enemy Lines, Supernatural) as Andra
- Henry Rollins (Johnny Mnemonic, Lost Highway) as Tri-Klops
- Alan Oppenheimer (original Skeletor) (Westworld, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe) as Moss Man
- Susan Eisenberg (Wonder Woman, Justice League) as Sorceress
- Alicia Silverstone (Clueless, Batman & Robin) as Queen Marlena
- Justin Long (Galaxy Quest, Live Free or Die Hard) as Roboto
- Jason Mewes (Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back) as Stinkor
- Phil LaMarr (Mad TV, Justice League) as He-Ro
- Tony Todd (Candyman, Star Trek: The Next Generation) as Scare Glow
- Cree Summer (DC Super Hero Girls, Vampirina) as Priestess
- Kevin Michael Richardson (The Batman, ThunderCats) as Beast Man
- Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Crisis on Infinite Earths) as Mer-Man
- Harley Quinn Smith (Once Upon a Time…in Hollywood, Jay and Silent Bob Reboot) as Ileena
Marc Bernardin (Castle Rock, Alphas), Eric Carrasco (Supergirl), Diya Mishra (Magic the Gathering) and Tim Sheridan (Reign of the Supermen) are writers on the series.
Lena and Mark recently did voice work on the Netflix series The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance.
Sarah Michelle Gellar did work on Star Wars Rebels and Liam Cunningham did a guest spot on the current season of Rick & Morty.
Kevin Smith’s animated Howard The Duck series for Hulu was recently cancelled by Marvel TV Studios and will likely give him more free time to focus on Masters of The Universe: Revelation.
The series will hopefully help get newer/younger audiences ready for the live-action feature film they’re still planning on making.