Earlier today, the Walt Disney Company announced official new changes to several of its feature film release dates and even adding one to their streaming service Disney+.
Check out below for all the releases that have been rescheduled or slightly altered.
Mulan, was previously scheduled for March 27, 2020. A Tweet from Disney Studios confirmed the new date to July 24th, 2020 which will be a question mark for the time being since it’s unknown what the situation with coronavirus crisis will be like in the summer, but it’s a hopeful sign. This live-action suffered extreme makeover with excluding characters from the animation original, like the beloved Mushu played by Eddie Murphy, however, there has been some positive buzz from early press screenings.
"Hello All. The words Loyal, Brave, and True have never meant more to me than they do in this time, and I am very moved today to be able to announce that the new release date for our movie is July 24 2020 ❤️" (via Niki Caro) pic.twitter.com/9WB3Zz9UvK— Walt Disney Studios (@DisneyStudios) April 3, 2020
- Empty Man – August 7th, 2020
- The One and Only Ivan – August 14th, 2020
- The French Dispatch – October 16th, 2020
- Free Guy – December 11th, 2020
- West Side Story – December 18th, 2020
- The Last Duel – December 25th, 2020 (will likely change due to production hiatus)
Ending the calendar changes are the releases changed to 2021 and 2022.
- Jungle Cruise July 30th, 2021
- Indiana Jones 5 July 29th, 2022
HN Entertainment will certainly update if there are more changes to this lineup of release dates.